Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Qualifications for a teacher or subject advisor

The 2008 Matric results will be released soon. I have no idea what they will be like but may I propose the following qualification for every CAT
  • teacher - Basic ICDL qualification OR a B.Ed. in CAT OR an ACE course in CAT, as a minimum
  • subject advisor or facilitator or whatever name the boss goes under - Advanced ICDL qualification in 4 packages, as well as management qualifications
I am aware that CAT is not ICDL but that is a starting point with respect to skills. The ICDL is my preferred qualification as it is recognised and valid. (My certificate number is ADV001 - passed Basic, and Advanced spreadsheets, Advanced presentations, Advanced databases and Advanced word processing.)

Here is hoping the results are …

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quick question...are there places where one can do an ACE course in CAT through distance learning?

I must admit that I feel the same way about qualifications. There are way to many teachers who are not qualified to teach the subject. And this in turn has a very bad influence on the students in the schools.

Cheerz!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I do not have a teachers degree but would like to do CAT. Is this possible? if so, how, where? Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Qualifications CAT teacher. If I applied for CAT teaching post, would my salary notch be equivalent of a Post Level 1 teacher with the same number of years experience?