Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Excel

Excel is for clever people who do not like to waste time. I love the following features:
  • Autofill where I can pull down and the program ‘picks’ up and changes the values in the cells and formulas/functions
  • Absolute referencing so I do not have to type formulas/functions over and over again, and it stays fixed when formatted with F4.
Can you imagine doing the kind of calculations we do with Excel now, using a pencil and paper. For most it would be impossible or take a very long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. I still have a chuckle when I see some teachers still using the paper and pen method of working out their marks. What takes me minutes, takes them hours! And they aren't really interested in using spreadsheets, even after I offered to help them use Excel. Oh well.

mwhens said...

I agree, and I have even offered training to schools and their staff on how to create a marksheet in Excel......they are too scared to change!