Saturday, July 5, 2008

Grade 12 PAT

My Grade 12 learners are just finishing off Phase 4 of their PAT. A problem has become apparent. Although they are showing what they intend doing with the applications, they are not using enough features of the applications to warrant marks. They should look at Phase 5 to see all the features they are meant to use, and bring them into Phase 4. They must also rephrase some of their questions so that they DO use the required features of the applications.

I recommend that in future I print out the whole PAT instruction manual and give it to them. This year I did not as I thought they would lose the pages. I am learning how to manage the PAT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam

Het 2 en halwe week geneem om fase 3 na te sien gedurende die kwartaal.
Het 1 week geneem om my leerders se pat na te sien gedurende die vakansie.

Hoe lank gaan dit my nie vat om fase 5 na te sien wat 80 punte tel nie.

Ek is seker die kriteria kan 2009 so verander word dat dit makliker nagesien word of die pat taak moet korter gemaak word. dankie

Maré

Eduard said...

Pam could you kindly show us as before a example of your TASKS, 4 and when you have marked the rest. This helps a lot to see the way the PATS'
should look, saves me a lot of time in teaching the right thing at the right time and not do correction teaching at a later stage. Thanks for all your help