Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gr 10 PAT

I have just finished marking the Gr 10 PATs. I believe we have left out an important point, or we did not leave it out but we did not allocate enough marks and the learners ignored it. The learners did not properly draw the research project to a clear conclusion: do the public (not disabled people) have a clear idea of the abilities of the disabled and all the different kinds of disabled people, and are there facilities to help the disabled. I think we must allocate more marks to this section and perhaps give more criteria in the checklist. We gave 1 and 4 marks respectively to this and my learners seemed to ignore it, maybe because the rubric did not specify more criteria. Most learners did not answer the main question or problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon Pam

I've experienced mainly the same as you with the little ones in grade 10.
I've tried to use your tip on How to create a selfmarking test in Excel, but my grade 11's got it to open and they worked out the trick within less than 10 minutes. How can I prevent this from happening? Is there a way I might be able to do something similar in PowerPoint or Flash?