Friday, November 7, 2008

Gr 10 Revision or Disaster


Did you do the Pug Dog Club set in 2006 question paper (data files and memo) as revision with your Gr 10 learners? Did you see the fat fawn pug who had to be taken for a walk, and was also used in other questions in the paper. Well, he is fat and this morning became even fatter.I could scream at him!
Long story. I managed to get some special green mealies from Gauteng. I made some special green mealie cake (not carrot cake, green mealie cake). I had it wrapped in heavy Alcan foil in a Checkers packet along with chips, peanuts, dips, biscuits, cooldrinks, etc. especially for our weekend in the Cedarberg. All the bags were on the floor in the garage ready for leaving straight after school today. This morning, I was busy dressing and organising the house. Friend went outside to open the garage door and get my car ready, not thinking of the contents of the carrier bags and the dogs. When it was time to lock the front door we looked for the dogs, and found the fawn pug with his nose in the bag and 3/4s of the cake gone! Thank goodness it was not the fruitcake which was still on the shelf in the kitchen. Now when you do that old exam paper, you know why he is fat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I've had a similar experience once preparing for a hiking trip and our protein for one night (droe wors) was detected by my male staffy (now deceased). Currently I have 5 cats in my house and 2 dogs and therefore have to keep a constant vigil over food standing around. My sympathy. Hope you enjoy your trip to the Cedarberg. I absolutely LOVE that place. Regards, Marita Steyn CAT and IT teacher of Somerset West Private School.

Anonymous said...

I am lead to believe Pam is running a mielie smuggling operation operation across provincial boundaries. SAA are apparently going to use special sniffer dogs (pugs) to assist in detecting the mielies.

The Mielie Police

Dr Pam Miller said...

The pugs are very good sniffer dogs.
More mealies were flown in by SAA. More green mealie cake was made which the pugs detected on a table. They clambered onto a chair and then onto the table where they ate slices of mealie cake.
I do not think SAA can use pugs as sniffer dogs. With their sweet natures and endearing characters they would be given so many sweeties they would become too fat for moving among the suitcases to find the smuggled mealies.

Anonymous said...

I hope these are 'just' mielies - there appears to be a highly addictive ingredient added - hopefully not some Bob Marley narcotic, added as an 'extra' ingredient.

Just today I was strip searched at OR Tambo by the Mielie Police, who asked where is that 'lady from the Western Cape'? The pug they used was being wheeled around on a baggage trolley mind you....the plot thickens!