Friday, September 10, 2010

Google CV, Facebook and Twitter

We had very few learners at school today as many are away celebrating Eid Mubarak. The matrics are writing exams, and in one of the periods when I would normally be teaching Computer Applications Technology to Grade 12, I had to substitute for an absent teacher.  The absent teacher had set work but I brought the learners to the lab and introduced them to Twitter and Facebook, and their Google CV.  (I will have to face the teacher on Monday and explain but that is three days away.)

The principal has created a Twitter page for the school http://twitter.com/JeremyGibbon and I have tried to get all those I teach to follow him.  Still much work to do in this field, but very useful and productive lesson.

2 comments:

Gaye Pieterse said...

I am creating my portfolio and used Competition Admin (p248) Book 3 as a task. Does nayone have an analysis of this &/or a memo? I have the solution but no memo? Would be grateful!! Many thanks Gaye Pieterse

Dr Pam Miller said...

I do not have one.