Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Digital natives and digital immigrants

Digital natives and digital immigrants - Read the article by Masha du Toit, the opening speaker at a conference recently held in Cape Town -  http://inkbomb.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/immigrants-or-natives/
Then decide if you are a digital native or immigrant!  
Recently I went dancing with a group at a local pub.  I took photos with my cell phone.  I was the oldest in the group but the only one able to upload the pictures to Facebook.  Am I a native or immigrant?

1 comment:

BGR said...

Very interesting concept. Obviously trying to link native to a generational group is problematic especially when we've seen kids who are technologically impaired - some kids have no real interest in technology apart from smsing, maybe the ipod but very little else.