Monday, October 4, 2010

Connections



It is a very small world! Although I teach CAT I had the pleasure of attending the prize giving of the Computer Olympiad (IT) at Kelvin Grove in Newlands tonight. After the meal and the prizes were awarded, a mother of a winner approached me. She was LeneƩ Stapelberg from Nelspruit, also a CAT teacher who had done the GetSmarter Internet SuperUser course.
Also at our table was CAT subject advisor Peter Davidson who had also done the GetSmarter Internet SuperUser course. We three had never met before but had communicated via the course forum and Twitter.
Also present was one of my school’s IT boffins from long ago, Keegan Carruthers Smith, who now is coaching Olympiad contestants.
Many of us were talking about the Office Applications Olympiad which will take place on Friday and hope it goes well.
A wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Masha said...

small world indeed :)

CarmennS said...

It is so good to see that the SuperUsers are doing so well. I've been selected as a provincial moderator myself after my participation in "SuperUsers'