Saturday, April 16, 2011

Planning

I have the pleasure of coaching some CAT teachers. One of the tasks I gave them was to create an assessment calendar for themselves. Key concepts that were part of the task were using templates and adding all the relevant assessment dates in the subjects they taught. I wanted this calendar to help them plan their lives and their marking, reports and meetings. Have a look at the task. http://studyopp.blogspot.com/2011/02/teacher-activity-no-5-assessment.html

I was very pleased that they indicated what a useful task it was, and that in doing my task they forced the management at their schools, to actually set the big assessment dates and report dates for the year! School management should have those dates ready in December for the whole of the following year!

No comments: