Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gr 12 PAT Phase 1

I have started marking my Phase 1. It is obvious that many learners have not done their homework and read about the subject. Some of their questions are wrong, and the places where some find the answers are equally wrong. They seem to use 'survey' as an information source in the wrong places. Grrr!

I note that the rubric does not go into quality of the questions, or if the learners labeled their questions correctly. That is fine. We must stay with the rubric! But we can tweak the rubric and use an improved one with the grade 10s and 11s. At least we have got the kids working! I did like the table format for doing the work.

1 comment:

PeterD said...

I have noticed the same - the children are getting good marks but they have really horrid questions in some cases. This phase does mark a lot quicker than last year.

I have noticed that many of them have confused Level 1 questions (What?) with Level 3 (What IF?) and have labelled them incorrectly as level 3.