Monday, August 13, 2007

Gr 11 PAT - Phase 3

I started working with my learners today on Phase 3.
I returned their Phases 1 and 2. Only 1 learner out of 55 had given me an example of where they could use a spreadsheet, and none had given me the use of a database FOR Omewa. Although the instruction sheet for Phases 1 and 2 gave examples of where the applications could be USED, none of my learners used those ideas. They all stupidly created theoretical questions on what is a spreadsheet, what does a spreadsheet cost, etc. They did not look at how Omewa could USE a spreadsheet or database.
So today I discussed ways in which they could show Omewa what they could do with Excel and Access. I showed them the invoice in the Grade 12 book on page 134. That was an important decision – then they were able to think of real situations where they could use Excel and Access in the nature reserve. Now they are busy collecting information to answer their questions such as the cost of overnight accommodation in a nature reserve, etc., real questions! It will go better now, I hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr Pam

Ek is 'n onderwyseres by Uniondale Hoërskool en ek gee RTT vanaf laasjaar. Ek is die enigste onnie wat in hierdie vak bietjie opgelei is en ek moet sê dit hou my op my knieë!

Ek geniet die website baie en het nog baie om te leer!

Geluk met 'n uitstekende handboek - sonder dit het ek al weggehardloop!

Groete hier uit Uniondale
Charmaine

anne said...

hey ek is 18 jaar oud en moet 'n taak doen oor eetgewoontes van mense in SA en die kalorie ens wat ek meer aan hulle moet verduidelik dit is 'n RTT-pat. Kan u my dalk bronne of webadreste gee waar ek meer inligting daaroor kan uitvind.
Hulp sal baie wardeer word.

anne said...

Ek sal ook graag mense se opinies oor saambly, is dit reg of nie met redes ens Asb doen moeite met die antwoord.