Monday, August 6, 2007

Gr 11 PAT – Phases 1 and 2 – Comments

I have just finished marking phases 1 and 2. Most of my learners created wonderful questions on Cybertracker. But I want to hang my head in shame with respect to the questions relating to Excel, Access and PowerPoint. If the purpose is to show the management of Omewa the wonders and uses of those packages, the learners should have been looking for ways to show what those packages can do for ‘them’. For Excel the learners should have been looking up how to create an Invoice, ways to do the wages, ways to show them how to work out their expenses for their trucks, i.e. show them where Excel can be more useful for them than a calculator or abacus. Well, we can guide them now although we cannot change the marks.
With regard to the survey their questions were wonderful, but I wonder if they have thought how they are going to process the data and present the findings. I must discuss this with them when I return all the Phases 1 and 2.

No comments: