Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gr 11 PAT - Phase 3

This should have been dealt with in Phases 1 and 2, but I am now trying to fix something not done! The learners cannot follow instructions! They are still wanting to give a talk on the benefits and uses of Excel and Access! I have told them they must show me / prove to me how it can be used in Omewa time and time again.
So today I made them look at the activities in the textbook and asked how they could adapt those for Omewa. They saw the light! So in Phase 3 they are now looking for meaningful information, for Omewa, to put in a spreadsheet from the text book.
I just spoke about a spreadsheet, not a database, and hope that the idea will be used with Access. Not the perfect solution but ...
I feel so embarrassed discussing my problems on the Internet but hope that others may learn from my experiences.

No comments: